APEGA Summit 2017
KNOWING YOUR BRAND - FREE FOR APEGA MEMBERS
Higher Landing is pleased to be offering our transformative Knowing Your Brand workshop for FREE to APEGA Members on May 2, 9, 30, and June 6.
If you don’t know what makes you exceptional, how can anyone else? This important workshop is your essential first step to prepare yourself to LAND HIGHER. Know who you really are and learn how to effectively brand yourself and articulate your value proposition. Find out how to start building your brand by knowing, believing and sharing what makes you extraordinary and learn the secrets of standing out to strategic prospects.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 REGISTRANTS.
This incredible offer, regularly valued at $345, includes 1 month of access to an exclusive online career evaluation and job search program called "The Landing Port" as well as access to five core Higher Landing career transformation workshops
The Landing Port:
- Assessments – 6 separate assessments for career preferences, interests, personality type, values, strengths, and working styles
- Resume Manager -allows client to instantly populate this tool with a current resume or LinkedIn profile, and create custom resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, among others, for each job opportunity.
- Opportunity Tracker - allows client to search jobs and research companies online, and save opportunities of interest to this tool to keep track of key dates, communications sent and received, action plans, scheduled interviews, etc.
- Interview Stream – this state of the art tool allows client to choose from over 7,000 interview questions to create a custom interview where Interview Stream asks the questions, and records the candidate's answers (both audio and video) for review and evaluation. Candidates can send recorded interviews to anyone with an email address to receive parallel evaluation and feedback.
Numerous other resources including networking skills and strategies, negotiating a job offer and integrating into your new job,
The following workshops are included in all programs. These also present excellent opportunities to network with like-minded professionals.
- Knowing Your Brand
- Launching Your Brand
- The Resume Writing Studio
- Promoting Your Brand on LinkedIn
- Interview Preparation
SPACE IS LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST COME BASIS.
APEGA 2017 LUNCHEON TABLE EXERCISES and handouts
Please fill out the form below to receive the table exercises discussed at the luncheon, including Hidden Skills Discovery and Application, and for a handout on Transition vs. Transformation.
JACKIE RAFTER keynote SPEAKER AT APEGA summit:
Preparing for the Brave New World of Work in Alberta
Managing Your Career in 2017 and Beyond
Jackie Rafter, President of Higher Landing, discusses how to manage your career in 2017. Maintaining your employability and managing your career in an uncertain economic environment requires innovative approaches. Ongoing change and course correction has become the norm for nearly every organization and professional. For employees, contractors and managers, particularly in the oil and gas industry, never has it been more critical to manage one’s career strategically.
Whether you are employed or not, gone are the days of presuming a steady career path that progresses neatly from ‘hire to retire’ within an industry or an organization. Alberta’s job market today requires innovative methods for professionals to thrive under any economic conditions. Drawing on her experiences with coaching executives, athletes, and oil and gas professionals, career transformation expert Jackie Rafter will share the secrets of transitioning to a more fulfilling role in your existing industry or completely transforming your career. Learn to do more than survive the brave new world of work in Alberta.
This engaging lunch keynote will highlight:
- Emerging work trends and the impact on Engineering and Geoscience
- The value of identifying your transferable skills
- Ideas to transition or transform your career
- How to position yourself for the best opportunities
- Summary of Recent Alberta Work Trends
- Employment Strategies List
- Transferable Skills Identification Exercise
- Career Transformation Model for personal branding
DATE: April 27, 2017
TIME: 12:20pm - 1:00pm
PLACE: Calgary TELUS Convention Center, 120 9 Avenue Southeast, Calgary AB, T2G 0P3