Take what makes you a successful hockey player and use it to build a rewarding career in the real world.
Time & Format:
This powerful workshop packs elements of our 3-month transformation program in to a single day. Approximately 50% of the day will be in lecture format, and the other 50% will be devoted to facilitated group and individual exercises. Breakfast, lunch, morning/afternoon refreshments, and a holiday cocktail reception are included.
Lead: Jackie Rafter, MBA, Founder, President & CEO, Higher Landing
Group/Individual Exercises and Assessment Review: One (1) Higher Landing Career Transformer will be seated with a maximum of five (5) participants throughout the day to lead exercises, answer questions, and provide personalized advice. Confirmed: Regan Bickell, Higher Landing Career Transformer, and Mark Matheson, Athlete Program Director (Check out the video of Mark staring down our Grizzly Den below).
Pre-session requirements :
Between 90 and 120 minutes to complete psychometric assessments, and commit your story to paper. Details will be provided upon registration.
- Unlock your talents
- Assess your strengths
- Discover your transferrable skills
- Connect (or re-connect) with your values, beliefs, and purpose
- Develop your personal, off-ice brand
- Learn to market yourself and present your brand inside and outside the hockey world
- Access to all of Higher Landing's Career Transformation Workshops for three months (each of the following workshops will be delivered exclusively to BARN BURNER participants at least once in the three months following the BARN BURNER):
- Knowing Your Brand
- Taking Yourself to Market with Social Media
- The Resume Writing Studio
- Interview Preparation
- Access to Higher Landing's "Career Landing Port" for three months. The Landing Port is a state-of-the-art online resume preparation, job search, and interview preparation tool that supplements our in-person workshops.
For more information, contact Regan Bickell by email or by calling 403-538-2686.
Read stories of hockey players who are currently using our Programs to help with their transitions from hockey to the real world: