Higher Landing Inc. and The Quaderra Group cordially invite you to attend the:
“THE UNDER & UNEMPLOYMENT CRISIS IN THE ALBERTA GEOSCIENCE COMMUNITY”
EXECUTIVE ROUND TABLE FOR GEOSCIENCE EXECUTIVES
The magnitude of the unemployment crisis among Calgary geoscience professionals has been grossly mis-reported in common news channels. According to the Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists, over 50% of their members are currently unemployed.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
C-suite level professionals, specifically Presidents & VP’s of Exploration & Geosciences
TIME & LOCATION & LOCATION:
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
4pm – 6pm
Dr. Easton Wren, geophysicist – moderator
John Hogg – President of American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Marian Hanna – President of Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists
Tony Cadrin – Past-President of Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists
To ignite change and lead the way to keep Calgary geoscience professionals in Calgary and provide them with meaningful employment opportunities (or get them back to work?)
The drain on the local economy of these unemployed professionals is unprecedented, with the worst of the negative multiplier effect yet to hit the province.
BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP
We have been assisting geoscience professionals in Alberta get employment for over a decade. We would like to continue to assist them but need your help. This will be an opportunity to provide your input on the following:
- Strategies for re-employing our geoscientists
- “Real” unemployment or underemployment rates within geoscience professions
- Global geoscience employment trends
- Transferability of skills between geoscience professionals to other occupations
- Employment opportunities in North America and abroad
- Who’s hiring geoscience professionals and executives?
- Upcoming projects that will require geoscience transferable skillsets
Your participation would greatly benefit our continued efforts to resolve this issue with the relevant stakeholders.
Please RSVP to email@example.com or call Higher Landing at 403.538.2686 no later than June 20, 2016.